The Tri-City and Inland Empire councils, on Tuesday, honored nine Marines and Sailors from Camp Pendleton nominated by their units as Enlisted Father of the Year.
The nominees and members of their families, as well as command representatives, attended the awards luncheon at Iron Mike’s, Pacific View Event Center, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. Offering remarks and assisting in the presentation of awards were BGen Edward Banta, Commanding General, MCI West/MCB Camp Pendleton, and SgtMaj Julio Meza, MCIW/MCBCP Sergeant Major.
Honorees, in alphabetical order:
- SgtMaj Christopher Adams, USMC, Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 39
- Sgt Matthew Annable, USMC, Headquarters and Support Battalion
- SSgt Ryan Farish, USMC, Security and Emergency Services Battalion
- SSgt Reginald Glenn, USMC, Marine Light Attack Helicopter Training Squadron
- LS1 Cenon Lu II, USN, Medical Logistics Company
- HM1 Miguel Murillo, USN, Headquarters Regiment, 1st Marine Logistics Group
- Sgt Michael Parker, USMC, Headquarters and Support Battalion
- AE2 Richard Smallwood, USN, Marine Aircraft Group 1, 3d Marine Aircraft Wing
- Cpl Daniel Taylor, USMC, Headquarters Battalion, 1st Marine Division
Also among those attending were: Col Joseph Craft, Commanding Officer, Headquarters and Support Battalion; SgtMaj Michael Saucedo, Headquarters and Support Battalion Sergeant Major; Edward Langmaid, President, San Diego/Imperial Valley Area, Navy League of the United States; Michelle Langmaid, National Director, Navy League; Bob Berman, Vice President, Sea Services, San Diego Council, Navy League; and Maggie Meza, wife of SgtMaj Meza.
Organizations that assisted in sponsoring the event were:
This was the second Enlisted Father of the Year Awards program, in what we hope will continue as an annual tradition. The event joins Navy League programs in the San Diego area that recognizes and honors service members who are mothers as well as spouses of service members.